We will use your data only in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and your expectations, and we will be transparent with you in how we use your data.
WHAT DATA IS COLLECTED, AND HOW
- Category 1 – CONTACT INFORMATION: including name, address, passport number, telephone number, and e-mail address. We collect this data from you.
- Category 2 – IDENTITY DATA: includes gender, date of birth, and nationality. We collect this data from you.
- Category 3 – PASSPORT DATA – we collect this data from you.
- Category 4 – INFORMATION ON NEXT OF KIN – we collect this data from you.
- Category 5 – TRANSACTION DATA: including credit/debit card number, payment history, and purchase history. We collect this data from you.
- Category 6 – BOOKING DATA AND ACTIVITY DATA: Including data related to your past enquiries, booked holidays, flight reservations, bus and train transportation arrangements, hotel bookings, itinerary, travel companions, the activities you have participated in while travelling with us etc
- Category 7 – COMMUNICATION DATA between you and us: includes recordings of telephone calls, email communication, online chats, comments and reviews collected through surveys or posted on our channels and social media platforms
- Category 9 – HEALTH DATA: including information related to allergies, disabilities and illnesses. We collect this data from you.
WHY DO WE COLLECT THIS DATA AND WHO WE MAY SHARE IT WITH
- As travel agents, our role is to facilitate, arrange and book your holidays on your behalf, very often acting as an intermediary between you and a tour operator/cruise line/hotelier/activity providers/transportation providers/airline (or other cooperative partner). Where necessary, the data we collect (predominantly from you) may be disclosed to the cooperative partner for the purpose of arranging and booking your holidays. We will use your contact information (and communication data) to provide you with important information about your holiday that is necessary to fulfil our contract with you to organise your travel, or to provide you with other information necessary to fulfil our legitimate interests, including to ensure that your travels are as comfortable and smooth as possible. This data may also be disclosed to our cooperation partners, as they may need this information to communicate with you and to provide support and assistance.
- A secondary purpose for collecting your data is for direct marketing to you, using your contact information, identity data, communication data and/or digital information data to provide you with newsletters and offers from us. As long as you have an existing customer relationship with us, our use of such data is to promote our services based on our legitimate interest in providing you with relevant information and offers, and you may at any time opt out of receiving such information and offers. If you do not have an existing customer relationship with us, we will only use your data to send you marketing if you have given your consent. We may disclose your contact data (name and postal address) to a cooperative partner to enable the partner to send you information and offers on our behalf if you have consented to receive postal marketing from us. We may also use and compile contact information, identity data, booking and activity data and digital information data for the purposes of profiling so that we can provide you with customised information about activities and offers that you may appreciate. We carry out profiling to fulfil the legitimate interest of customising our services for your benefit, and you may at any time object to our use of your personal data for profiling purposes. We will not disclose the profiles we have generated based on your data to third parties.
- With regards to statistics and analysis, please note that we used anonymised data only.
- Regarding security in our shop – we may carry out video surveillance (primarily focused on the frontage of the shop, with only a minimal area of the public area of the shop affected) and store video surveillance footage to prevent crime and ensure your safety. We carry out video surveillance that is necessary to comply with the ISPS code or necessary to fulfil a legitimate interest which is to prevent crime and ensure your safety while visiting our shop. We will not disclose video surveillance footage to third parties unless required by law or on request from authorities. We store video surveillance footage for a period of up to four weeks.
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA
We will only store your data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose of the processing of your data.
We will store your contact information, identity data, passport data, information on next of kin, booking data and activity data, communication data, and (if applicable) health data from the point in time of your initial inquiry with us until your holiday is completed. We may store your data longer if you wish for us to keep your data until your next travel and you have consented to this.
We will store your transaction data as required by applicable law, such as bookkeeping legislation.
If you have consented to receiving information and marketing, we will store your contact information, identity data, booking data and activity data, communication data, and digital information data for as long as you wish to receive such information and marketing.
We may also store your contact information, identity data, transaction data, communication data, digital information data, and health data for a period of up to three years after your holiday ended, if we believe this is necessary to handle potential complaints or claims.
YOUR OPTIONS AND RIGHTS
You may contact us at any time if you wish to receive access to or rectify your data. Further, you may request a copy of the data that we have collected from you.
You may ask us to erase data that we have collected from you. We must however keep data as necessary to fulfil our agreement with you and as necessary to comply with law or on request from authorities.
If you consider that our use of your personal data is inappropriate, you may file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Before filing such complaint, we ask that you contact us, as we may be able to provide you with answers and to correct potential misunderstandings.
CHANGES IN THIS PRIVACY INFORMATION
If you want to get in touch with us, you can contact us here, or send post to Select Travel Holidays, 24 Mill Street, Bedford, Bedfordshire, MK40 3HD